Blackboard Learn is the Learning Management System (LMS) that the University of Windsor supports. These online courses featured below, are designed to provide valuable information and corresponding self-learning activities for instructors and their assistants, to help learn, use and configure Blackboard Learn. Please note, these courses are NOT facilitated, and there won't be any instructor interaction. If you would like face-to-face support we would be happy to help, so check out the Name Your Topic! offerings at http://www.uwindsor.ca/bbworkshops
Please register for the courses you feel are most aligned with
your teaching and learning goals, and you will be added to an
online course to complete at your own pace.
- Getting Started
- Assessing Learners
- Monitoring Student Performance
Face-to-Face Workshops Available (Open and Faculty Specific) Too!Face-to-face Blackboard Learn Workshop Registration page - Open
Faculty Specific Workshop Registration Page
Self-paced and other workshops
1.0 Learn Teaching Essentials for Original LE-O-W22-01
- the basics of building courses by adding content into Blackboard.
- how to enhance communication, using the Discussion tool, the Groups tool, and basic functions of the Virtual Classroom, Blackboard Collaborate.
- how to assess learners, using the Assignments and Tests tools.
- to evaluate your course and reflect on your course design.
2.0 Learn Advanced Teaching for Original LA-O-W22-01
- Monitoring Student Performance which includes Preparing for Success, Grade Center Basics, Grade Center Advanced, Working with Grades, Retention Center, and Troubleshooting Student Performance.
- Building Online Communities which includes Online Communities Overview, Making the Most of Discussions, Working with Wikis, Collaborating with Groups, and Evaluating Students.
- Designing Engaging Content which includes Plans and Possibilities, Preparing Your Content, Creating Your Lessons, and Customizing Content Delivery.
3. Teaching in a Blackboard Learning Environment TBLEUTC-O-S19-01
- Navigating Blackboard
- Essential Communication and Sharing Content
- Discussions - Creating and Managing
- Creating and Managing Assessments
- Grade Centre Crash Course
8. Blackboard Collaborate Ultra – BBCULTRA-O-W20-01
- Module 1: An Overview of Collaborate - This module will introduce you to the Ultra experience.
- Module 2: Collaborate Ultra Essential Features - Within this module, you will learn the basics of using the tools within a session.
- Module 3: Communication- In module three you will explore the features used for communicating in Collaborate Ultra.
- Module 4: Content Sharing Tools - This module will introduce you to the tools for sharing content.
- Course Completion - This section contains additional resources and advanced help.