Blackboard Faculty Specific Workshops
Blackboard Learn is the new Learning Management System (LMS) scheduled to take the place of CLEW at the University of Windsor. In preparation for the transition to the new LMS, the Centre for Teaching and Learning is offering Faculty orientation workshops, held locally at specific Faculty locations. Below, please sign up for the workshop associated with your Faculty.
Wondering what level (Decaf or Espresso) that you might feel comfortable with? Try the quick online readiness quiz to find out!
Online Self-Paced Courses, or Open F-2-F Workshops also Available!Online Blackboard Training Courses Registration page
Open Face-to-face Blackboard Workshops Registration page
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Do you need Blackboard for what you do? (For Human Kinetics TAs and GAs only)
- creating an announcement and sending an email to all students;
- uploading course material to your site;
- finding help when using Blackboard;
- customizing your site by managing your site tools;
- inline grading of an assignment (with SafeAssign)
- posting and grading of a discussion thread;
- posting grades into the Grade Centre, and;
- tips and tricks for using Blackboard.
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
ELIP - Getting Started
- Overview of the Blackboard environment,
- Course site menu configuration,
- Using a Content Area,
- Editing a Content Area,
- Working with links and materials,
- Setting up a Discussion Area,
- Making the site available,
- Using Student Preview,
- Sending out Announcements,
- Accessing and using resources from an Organization site, and
- Accessing various sources for online help.