Authentic Assessment is a half course that will introduce you to the principles and practice of this approach to assessment of student learning. Authentic assessment is an approach that takes into account the contexts in which that learning will actually be used once students leave the university. It is an attempt to assess what students actually know, value, and can do in a way that is well-integrated into the entire learning environment of a course. In this course you will learn how to align assessment with intended learning outcomes, how to design meaningful assessment measures that motivate students and even design assessments that help students learn as they are being assessed.
Blackboard Learn is the learning management system that the campus is adopting in 2015. These online courses featured below, are designed to provide valuable information and corresponding self-learning activities for instructors and their assistants, to help learn, use and configure Blackboard Learn.
- 1. Survivor - SUR-O-S15-02
- 1a. Getting Started with Blackboard (Pre-requisite) GS-O-W15-03-15
- 2. Building Courses (Basics) BC-O-W15-DC-02-15
- 3. Assessing Learners (Basics) AL-O-W15-DC-02-15
- 4. Enhancing Communication (Basics) EC-O-W15-DC-02-15
- 5. Monitoring Student Performance - Course Outline – (Advanced) MSP-O-W15-DC-02-15
- 6. Building Online Communities (Advanced) BOC-O-W15-DC-02-15
- 7. Designing Engaging Content (Advanced) DEC-O-W15-DC-02-15
The University of Windsor is pleased to invite college and university professors of all ranks and years of experience to its Teaching Dossier Academy. The Academy is designed to provide background information, workshops, peer consultation, and extensive expert individual consultation to support the development of participants’ professional teaching portfolios over a period of five days.